Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tax Season is Upon Us

W2s,1099s, interest earned, income earned
blah blah blah
Yes folks, it's that time of year again - time to file your taxes! *dun dun dunnnnn*

Every year I vow to file my taxes early the next time around so that I will have a little extra money to spend (or at least know whether or not I will have extra money to spend - preferably in enough time to plan a decent vacation), but every single time, I wait until the last minute. Every. single. time.

Actually this year, it wasn't so much that I waited as much as I could not find form 1099g to save my life. W2 - check!  Last year's filing - check!  Mortgage interest info - check! But I searched high and low and the 1099 was nowhere to be found.
Looking at the mess my place had become, it wasn't hard to tell how anything could get lost in the shuffle, so I began cleaning up and organizing my place. And, for some reason, as you clear physical clutter, the clutter in your mind also goes with it, and that is when I realized, my 1099 is online! Last year, I also could not find the form, so I went onto the Comptroller's website and requested electronic access from that point on. Of course, I forgot this fact until I decided to tidy up. Nevertheless, I now finally have everything I need to get filed just in time. Yay!

On another note, if you earn $52,000 or less (hello), check out VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) in your area. There's more information about the VITA service on the IRS website. It's FREE - meaning no more paying your cousin's uncle's brother down the street to do your taxes. You can even file online. I know. I know. Filing online, all alone without a tax preparer of your choice to hold your hand? I had the same concerns last year, but I tried it, and, if you have all of your forms in order, it really is a breeze. I'm all about simplifying my life these days, and if it means I can file my taxes from the comfort of my own home (accurately, of course) - versus waiting in line for an appointment (or paying someone else to file for me), I'm all about it.

Next year, I will file early. I promise.

0 had something to say:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget


Blog Archive

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
"Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts