Friday, February 26, 2010

Since I first heard this tune as models sashayed down the catwalk in Korto Momolu's collection (Season 5 of Project Runway), I couldn't get it out of my head - nor could I find it. Sure I came across cryptic leads here and there, but the actual song was nowhere to be found. On one message board, there was mention of a joshua and a song called "binti". Being the stubborn person that I am, I continued to search every once in a while and I finally found it!

Binti makes you move for sure, but the message is serious (corporate welfare, world epidemics, et al). Honestly though, isn't this what many of us do over the weekend, party to forget it all (whatever "it" may be)? Literally, we dance our troubles away - if only for a little while.

Check the song and lyrics below. (purchase here)



"Binti"

Woke up this morning with my
mind stayed on freedom
and it doesn't matter
what the people they say

woke up this morning with my
mind stayed on freedom
and it, it doesn't matter
what the people they sayin' about me

Go run and tell your mother
your sister friend and brother
my tears are dried and gone
my heart is turned to stone and

I'm gonna dance these troubles away
(repeat)

Halliburton, Enron, Caterpillar, Acxiom, Blackwater
pulling guns
trigger happy
killing sons

Politicians, them got
so much money for war
Hungry babies dying
All over the world
Epidemic HIV
Rising price of gasoline
when you're poor, you suffer

Feel the heat of summer
Then you freeze in winter

Come lets dance these troubles away
(repeat)
I'm gonna dance these troubles away
(repeat)


more on .joshua.

5 had something to say:

Lolla said...

I just stumbled in here looking for the lyrics and what do I find? The story of me and this song! LOL I'm heading over to blastmymusic right now because I have to have this on my zen (and also to support this artist -- thank you joshua!) And thank you Tbyrd.

Peace,
Lolla

Tbyrd said...

@ Lolla - No problem! And thanks for visiting M&C. :o)

Anonymous said...

thanks SO much for posting this song on your site!! had such a hard time finding it after hearing it on project runaway! I'm about to purchase the song!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks SO much for posting this song on your site!! had such a hard time finding it after hearing it on project runaway! I'm about to purchase the song!!!

Unknown said...

Wow its 2014! Been looking for this song as well since i rewatched this episode on project runway.
Thanks! I love it!

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget


Blog Archive

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
"Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts