Thursday, February 11, 2010

In the Bag

Anyone who knows me can attest to my love of big purses. Clutches are cute but I don't think I could ever carry one (not unless I become a superstar who can have my assistant carry everything else for me).  They're just so...impractical. Being the pragmatic person that I am, only a huge bag will do. So here's my bag of the moment (a gift from the sis) and everything I cram inside. Enjoy!

















  1. Prescription sunglasses
  2. Eyeglass repair kit
  3. Checkbook (illustrated cover by Shano)
  4. Handmade coin purse that I actually use to carry my flash drives
  5. iPod (and earbuds)
    I'm pretty sure I purchased my artist series iPod skin at Urban Outfitters.
  6. Alba Botanica lip gloss (passion fruit nectar flavor).  This stuff is great because it's made with 70% certified organic ingredients. Found at WholeFoods
    and
    Black Radiance lipstick no. 5023B/Copper Glow (usually a M•A•C girl but the budget demanded some cutbacks and this shade was perfect!)
  7. Nail maintenance (clip and file)
  8. Breath care
    To the right is a mint obviously. However, I don't like mints very much and I don't like to chew on gum very often either (citrus flavors are the exception; in which case I can blow through a pack in a day).  So I also have that little gadget you see to the left which is called the Kiss Me Meter. It's basically a mini breathalyzer that alerts you if you NEED a mint or gum. Of course alkies probably would find this comes in handy too. LOL  You just turn it on and blow. 
  9. Cute bunny mirror I picked up at a crafts festival. (I try not to pull it out in church though)  :o)
  10. GPS by Garmin
  11. Pens
    I Dr. Grip. They're the best  The bedazzled pen was a gift from a special friend. I get lots of questions about that one so I keep it close.
  12. Hair supplies (hair pins, elastic bands, butterfly clips and a scarf) - gotta keep the 'do under control
  13. Keys of course
  14. Palm Centro Smartphone/PDA - I know folks are all about Blackberry and iPhone these days, but I'm not a big fan of touch-screen only devices or trackballs, so I truly my Centro. It's compact and you can do so much with it (including edit Word documents, view PowerPoint presentations etc.)  Plus it's durable. It's been dropped a few times (not always by me) and it's fine. Of course I have a friend who hates hers. To each her own
  15. Bluetooth by Jawbone 
  16. Sony Cybershot camera (great camera)
  17. Giraffe print clutch wallet - I found this at a shop called Artini in Historic Annapolis on the waterfront.
  18. Post-it flags (to mark magazine pages I'd like to save or cut up for use in collages.

    not pictured:  Wheel lock key

Oh and please take the poll below.  I'm trapped by several inches of snow, people!  Humor me!

    5 had something to say:

    Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

    Great post!

    I love big purses too, but I often have to downgrade because I tend to fill them up and then my back and arms feel the burn. Sigh.

    Tbyrd said...

    Thanks!
    Same here. I didn't share the old receipts and junk in there. Nobody wants to see that.

    Hmmm, why don't you share what's in your purse too? TAG, you're it! :o)

    Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

    Evil! You're assuming I have a camera that won't scream *LOW BATTERY* long enough for me to accomplish something like this?? My camera is defective. Sigh.

    Ashley said...

    Oh, the things you can learn about a person from the contents of their purse ;)

    Tbyrd said...

    :o)

    Popular Posts

    Recent Posts

    Unordered List

    Text Widget


    Blog Archive

    Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

    Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
    "Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

    Contact Us

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    About

    Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

    Blog Archive

    Popular Posts