Tuesday, November 13, 2007


One thing I absolutely LOVE is music. As a little girl, I even wrote and recorded my own songs with a little tape recorder. Today one of my favorite, albeit little known, artists popped up in my rotation of tunes. Have you heard of Alice Smith? I don't know why music lovers haven't caught on yet! What I like most about Smith, besides her unique sound, is that she doesn't have a gimmick. She takes the stage just as she is, as if to say, "F*** it. I'm here to sin
g - period." Not that there's anything wrong with a costume (some of my favorite artists wear elaborate wigs, stick feathers in their hair, paint their faces, etc.) It's just refreshing sometimes. There's something raw about a singer rocking a simple tee and jeans. It's like she just strolled into the joint and felt the urge to sing. In fact, when you see her, you may think someone from the crowd just hopped up on stage...until she opens her mouth that is.




Drive, Fertile Ground (2xs)
Early Daiquiris, Club des Belugas (2xs)
Guns Are Drawn, The Roots
Futuresex/Lovesound, Justin Timberlake
Thieves in the Night, Black Star
Soul Power, James Brown
If We Knew, Goapele
Love Has Found Its Way, Dennis Brown
Breeze, Stereo MC’s
Fake is the New Real, Alice Smith
* Today's shuffle isn't entirely random. I did a lot of skipping around. I know I know. Takes all of the fun out of it right?

7 had something to say:

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Scary! Our friend, B, asked me earlier today if I'd heard of her because she loves her cd. I'll have to give ol' Alice a listen. =)

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Ok, I'm listening and me likey!! I particularly like 'Dream.' I need this in my life. Why did u do this to me? U know how ocd I can be. Grrrr.

Tbyrd said...

Dream is my favorite too! Well Dream and Do I actually. They're tied. I thought you knew! Alice Smith is the TRUTH.

Nicole said...

When she sings, something about her voice reminds me of KT Tunstall...odd since Tunstall is Scottish. I love being exposed to new artists...thanks and keep em coming.

Anonymous said...

Nicole - I've never listened to KT Tunstall. I'll have to check her out.

Anonymous said...

I just burned her Cd in my iTunes. I have had her Cd for about 6 months now just sleeping on it. Then I heard Dream on The L Word, and I was like hey I know that song. Better late than never.

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget


Blog Archive

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
"Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts