Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Inspirational Wednesdays: Art Slam with Lu

If you take a look at the sidebar to your right, you’ll see I’ve decided to develop a format for M&C. Otherwise, I let perfectly good posts and ideas fall by the wayside. I’m also playing with new themes and a possible move. In the meantime, the only thing I’ve decided on is that there must be an order to things around here, starting today with Inspirational Wednesdays!

Why Wednesday? Well, it’s hump day, and sometimes you need inspiration to get over that hump in the middle of the week, and so Inspirational Wednesday was born. Today’s creative kick in the pants was found at Art Slam, the personal blog of the talented Lucrecer Braxton.


I found two posts particularly useful:

Creating a Morgue File and Laying the Foundation for Your Creative Life. I actually keep a morgue file already, I just never knew there was a name (and morgue file of all things) for it. I'm pretty literal so I always called them my, “pieces” or, “inspiration box”, and "the magazine files" since I keep them all in cute little file boxes for now. I’m planning to expand to file folders as well though since there are some things I never plan on using but inspire me in different ways.

To boot, I’ve decided to share my creative corners with you all. But you'll have to wait on Personal Day Mondays for that!

1 had something to say:

Lucrecer said...

I am so honored to have you feature the Art Slam on your blog. Thank you. I hope to continue to inspire and share posts that help you grow creatively.

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget


Blog Archive

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
"Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts