Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama U Street Celebration - Pt. I

I normally wouldn't blog about politics here since I'm generally leery of all politicians, and political discussions tend to get me riled up in an ugly way. And since Magazines & Chocolate is supposed to be my happy place, the two wouldn't usually mix.

That being said, I am excited yet cautiously optimistic about our first Black President of the United States and could not resist the urge to drive into D.C. last night to check out the action. I will upload personal photos of the celebration in DC's U Street Corridor last night later (sadly, I didn't make it to Pennsylvania Avenue where I heard there was an impromptu parade). For now, here are some clips from YouTube that will give you a good idea of the post election love fest that went down on U Street.

Strangers embracing and high-fiving each other
Camaraderie in the middle of traffic
Dancing in the streets

It was absolutely beautiful.
I was dog tired but I'm so glad I went to take part in this momentous occasion. It was like nothing I've experienced before! AWESOME








1 had something to say:

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

i love it! wish i coulda been there.

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget


Blog Archive

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
"Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts