Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cabin Fever!

There is way too much snow outside and it just won't stop.  It's not so much that I hate snow; I just hate being TRAPPED by snow. Actually, I hate being trapped by anything.

Every time I look outside, I'm torn between awe (snow is pretty amazing) and terror.  I actually made circles in the kitchen today - yes, I walked in little frustrated circles.  That's when I knew it was getting to me.  I used to last more than one day stuck inside, but the infrequency of big snows here has spoiled me. My tolerance is much lower now.  I hate sitting still for too long and big blizzards like this always remind me of my general fear of being trapped.  Even windows - I hate it when a window is stuck shut. I could be breathing perfectly fine until I go to open a window in my home and it's stuck. Suddenly, I can't breathe, break out in a sweat, and bang on the window pane frantically. I hate that I can't crack my windows in Spring (allergies).  My dorm room window often got stuck.  And that room was actually a claustrophobe's worst nightmare (a small cinder block cell the width of a standard twin bed).  So being unable to get that window open would drive me to a tearful frenzy every once in a while.  I never told anyone this. Yet I'm not afraid of elevators or other confined spaces. I could hide in a closet all day long and sometimes tease friends by jumping up and down on elevators. Yet I can't be in a much larger space unable to come and go as I please.  Go figure.

Anyway, the upside to blizzards is that you have time to work on projects that have fallen by the wayside. If I were home, I'd clean the place. But I'm with the fam, so I guess I'll make collages or work on one of many other projects today...and tomorrow. God I hope it stops by tomorrow.

P.S. - I probably won't blog again until after the holidays. So check back in January and enjoy!

0 had something to say:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget


Blog Archive

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
"Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts