Thursday, December 13, 2007

Preach!

My favorite song by Leela James is My Joy. Sure it’s a blues song, but it’s hardly a sad one. I’d love to share my favorite live version but it somehow vanished from YouTube and everywhere else on the 'net (probably due to an accident with the mic during the performance. Still, that’s just how fierce the song was because the mic incident didn’t even matter!). So I’ll just share this one. Actually what I like about this performance is how she breaks it down. I really could have used this a few years back, but maybe someone else could benefit from the message now. Enjoy…
(Besides James’ music, I love the way she rocks the blow-out.)

1 had something to say:

Nicole said...

Ohhh, how I needed that! That's a mighty big, mighty soulful voice she's rockin. Thanks chick!

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget


Blog Archive

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
"Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts