Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nudity is NSFW

So Erykah Badu decided to strip down and stroll butterball naked in public for her latest video.  Now people are up in arms (despite the fact that she wouldn't be the first to do so).
My thoughts?:  Well, that's one way to make a shocking yet affordable video. big deal
*shrug*

There are more important things to worry about and nudity isn't that big of a deal to me (although I do find it annoying when my family members walk around half naked in the house - go figure).  Maybe I've been desensitized, or maybe this is just the type of stunt I would expect from dear Erykah. We all know she can be out there.  Many artists embrace nudity so why is this such a shock? Perhaps it's all too "hottentot venus"-ish for some folks. I mean no one seemed to care when Alanis Morissette bared it all for the entirety of her "Thank You" video. Then again, that was likely a closed set with extras who were warned. But wait, Matt and Kim did the same thing and this is the first I've even heard of their nudity stunt.

I think people will get over it. I say kudos to her for being comfortable enough to bare it all after three kids. Further, if I had an a** like hers, I can't promise you I'd keep my clothes on either. God knew what He was doing when he skipped me in that department. LOL
Here's what she had to say about it (she's killing me with the telepathic comment though, she would have been better off saying, "you act like the kids have never seen a t***y before!").

Her video inspiration:

0 had something to say:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget


Blog Archive

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE

Find a CAUSE, Find a CURE
"Dr. Love said she was inspired by a colleague who told her that in World War II, aviation experts focused on planes that went down until someone said, 'Why aren't we studying the planes that stay up in the air?'"

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

About

Collage: n. an art form in which bits of objects, as newspaper, cloth, pressed flowers, etc. are pasted together on a surface in incongruous relationship for their symbolic or suggestive effect. 2. any collection of seemingly unrelated bits and parts, as in a photomontage vt. to arrange (material) in a collage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts